Re: [opensuse] multiple kernel versions - how to?
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 19:15:11 +0100
2010. december 2. 18:23 napon C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> írta:

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 17:39, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I have openSUSE 11.2. In an earlier version - can't remember which one - it
was possible to install different kernel versions (same flavor but
different version numbers) parallel . I can't find out how to do it in 11.2
yast software manager. When I choose a different kernel version number for
installation yast forces the remove the installed version (ie. forces
update), but I want to keep that version as well. How can I do it, possibly
in yast?

Poke the archives and you'll find it has been discussed/described a
couple of dozen times recently.

Edit /etc/zypp/zypp.conf and enable
multiversion = provides:multiversion(kernel)

It would be nice if this was an option in the YaST Software manager...

Thanks.
I edited zypp.conf but yast software manager disregards it, ie. it's not
working.
Maybe it works with zypper which I never use.

Thanks anyway,
Istvan