Re: [opensuse] multiple kernel versions - how to?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:23:24 +0100
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 17:39, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I have openSUSE 11.2. In an earlier version - can't remember which one - it
was possible to install different kernel versions (same flavor but different
version numbers) parallel . I can't find out how to do it in 11.2 yast
software manager. When I choose a different kernel version number for
installation yast forces the remove the installed version (ie. forces
update), but I want to keep that version as well. How can I do it, possibly
in yast?

Poke the archives and you'll find it has been discussed/described a
couple of dozen times recently.

Edit /etc/zypp/zypp.conf and enable
multiversion = provides:multiversion(kernel)

It would be nice if this was an option in the YaST Software manager...

C.