[opensuse] LVM: Another thread is handling an event. Waiting...
  • From: Bujdosó Sándor <sandor.bujdoso@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 13:46:43 +0100
Dear list!

I did my full system backups up till now on site. This time however i
was not able to visit my remote server, so i thought no problems, lvm snapshots
to the rescue. So i snapshotted all my lv-s and started the full backup on a
slow-is ADSL-line. It is running for 6 hours now, (approx. 5 horus left.)

On to the questions:
ever since the creation of the snapshots i get theese messages in the
system log:

[date] host lvm[24978]: Another thread is handling an event. Waiting...

It comes in waves, 8-10 messages every 10-20 minutes.
The pid is allways the same. *everything* _seems_ to be normal, no problems,
or abnormal activity.

My question is:
. shall i worry?
. is this normal operational messages?
. any suggestion?

(system details:
Opensuse 11.3. Up to date.
Kernel 2.6.34.7-0.5-pae
lvm2-2.02.67-4.1.1.i586

ext3 on top of lvm on top of md-raid1
snapshot creatued using
lvcreate -s -L 4G -n "$i"snap /dev/sys/$i
)

Thanks in advance!