[SOLVED] Re: [opensuse] kde4.5.3._keyboard_enter/bkspace/space_don't_work
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 21:47:19 -0600
You haven't feed it enough Dos XX :^)

ALWAYS makes my AnyKey 20000 work better

Hey,

It worked! (..of course the keyboard is s-faced now ;-)

The problem turned out to be the keyboard. Damnedest thing I ever saw.
I have
used this keyboard without issue for 3-4 years. The, for reasons unknown, no
spills, moisture, etc.., the [enter], [backspace], [spacebar] and [\] keys all
quit.

The ironic part of it is, if you google enter, backspace, spacebar keys
stopped
working, you get back 1000's of posts on the problem. I still have plenty of 20
year old keyboards that work just fine. This is the first keyboard failure (as
opposed to the loose nut behind the keyboard) problem I have experienced.

I knew it wasn't kde4 as soon as I killed it and started fluxbox and the
problem continued. Oh well, add +1 to the unusual occurrence list. Or, I guess
that should be +2 (...it wasn't kde4 this time + the keyboard failure)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC