Re: [opensuse] Serial to USB adaptor
  • From: michael getachew <michaelhoustong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:30:43 -0800 (PST)

that has a serial connector on its cable. This thing
comes with a CD for
Windows. Does anyone know if this is something I can
use on a Linux
machine? What would I need to have to use it?

i bought one a few month ago from ebay too,to use it to connect a cisco
rollover cable to my pc via usb and it worked fine for me. the only hard part
on linux was finding the right software to work with my os at the time though i
found screen and putty on linux is ok too now.

if it's just a cable and you shouldn't need any special drivers.