Re: [opensuse] New install of 11.3/kde --two puzzles
  • From: "Michael S. Dunsaavage" <mikesd1981@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:31:09 -0400
On 9/30/2010 2:35 PM, Stan Goodman wrote:
2) I have copied the content of a v11.2 install's Network Settings in
order to set up communications. I ping the router and other devices on the
local net, but not even IP addresses outside. I have gone over the
comparison several times and don't find anything lacking or different.
What might I be missing?
is this DHCP? Is it static? It sounds like it's not picking nameservers for a reason. Look in /etc/resolv.conf. Also make sure it set the router as a gateway.