Re: [opensuse] printing from firefox - unable to change page size??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:38:41 +0200
Tejas Guruswamy wrote:

How about editing a file in
/usr/lib/{firefox,thunderbird}/defaults/preferences?
I don't know exactly how the mozilla default preferences system works,
but that seems to be where firefox and thunderbird get their defaults
from. add something like
pref("print.print_paper_name", "iso_a4");
there (to one of the existing files or a new file, dunno which will
work, i'm only guessing).

Or edit /usr/lib/{firefox,thunderbird}/defaults/profile/prefs.js -
that is the skeleton user preference file for new profiles. Although,
obviously that will only take effect if a new profile is created.

Not "proper" solutions, but if you just want the job done ...

Hehe, thanks Tejas - I was really more concerned with the principle.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.7°C)