Re: [opensuse] printing from firefox - unable to change page size??
  • From: Tejas Guruswamy <masterpatricko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:14:49 +0100
On 30/09/10 12:59, Per Jessen wrote:
Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
I have noticed that FF/TB page size defaults don't match the cups
defaults. My method is to open about:config (easy in Firefox, might
need an extension in Thunderbird) and search for "print_paper_name"
and change it from "na_letter" to "iso_a4".

Patrik Shanahan explained to me earlier how to set the defaults through
the File->Page Setup menu option, but my question was about a way to
set this globally, i.e. for all users and all applications on a system
or a site. According to Johannes Meixner applications should get their
defaults from the cups settings, but that doesn't appear to be working
completely.

How about editing a file in
/usr/lib/{firefox,thunderbird}/defaults/preferences?
I don't know exactly how the mozilla default preferences system works,
but that seems to be where firefox and thunderbird get their defaults from.
add something like
pref("print.print_paper_name", "iso_a4");
there (to one of the existing files or a new file, dunno which will
work, i'm only guessing).

Or edit /usr/lib/{firefox,thunderbird}/defaults/profile/prefs.js - that
is the skeleton user preference file for new profiles. Although,
obviously that will only take effect if a new profile is created.

Not "proper" solutions, but if you just want the job done ...

Regards,
Tejas