[opensuse] Re: OpenOffice.org forked....
  • From: James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:05:18 +0200
On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 23:35 +0200, James Hatridge wrote:
HI all,

Would your IT department prefer one vendor or two for support? Our IT
guys will not roll out FireFox to the desktops because we "cannot get a
support contract" for it, even though IE keeps crashing at startup. I
figure that many IT departments in SMB are probably in the same mindset,
keep the support simple even if it means paying more than you have to.

Why does your IT department need any support contracts? If they will not
use any software (or write it) without support why are they needed? If
they have contracts for everything, then get rid of everyone but one guy
to call the support suppliers.

Apparently it's the IT managers policy, it doesn't hit the desktop
without some kind of paid support. I've groused several times to the IT
kiddies that FireFox is to be preferred over IE, but they keep barfing
rote.

It seems to me as the "boss" I hired them for the support. Why should I pay
twice? I'd get rid of one or the other.

JIM

--
The US was colonized by the religious, political, economic, and criminal
rejects of every country in the world. We have been carefully breeding insane,