Re: [opensuse] Re: OpenOffice.org forked....
On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 23:35 +0200, James Hatridge wrote:
HI all,

Would your IT department prefer one vendor or two for support? Our IT
guys will not roll out FireFox to the desktops because we "cannot get a
support contract" for it, even though IE keeps crashing at startup. I
figure that many IT departments in SMB are probably in the same mindset,
keep the support simple even if it means paying more than you have to.

Why does your IT department need any support contracts? If they will not use
any software (or write it) without support why are they needed? If they have
contracts for everything, then get rid of everyone but one guy to call the
support suppliers.

Apparently it's the IT managers policy, it doesn't hit the desktop
without some kind of paid support. I've groused several times to the IT
kiddies that FireFox is to be preferred over IE, but they keep barfing
rote.