Re: [opensuse] Fwd: [Mw] Gmail accounts
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:02:18 -0400
* John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> [09-29-10 13:42]:
On 9/28/2010 10:09 PM, Doug wrote:
It appears that the GMAIL server is not accepting microwave list mail
when you are the originator of the message.
I will have my ISP look into it.

If you have a xxx@xxxxxxxxx address, you might not be getting your own
messages back through the list, and in some cases it might not even get
to the list.

As others have said, its a feature, not a bug.

If you want your mails inline, and you have a filter to put all your
opensuse mail in a specific folder(Label) then just add another filter

From contains your gmail address
to contains opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Apply Label (your list label).

So for me this filter is set up as
Matches: from:(jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx) to:(opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Do this: Apply label "SUSE"

So threads look complete.

OR: use another smtp account with your gmail address. I have been doing
this since I got my first gmail address in September 04.