Re: [opensuse] how to re-install the .xemacs-directory?
  • From: Oliver Kullmann <O.Kullmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:39:45 +0100
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 04:19:49PM +0100, Dylan wrote:
On Wednesday 29 Sep 2010, Oliver Kullmann wrote:
Hello,

after investigating KWrite and Kate it seems to me that
they are rather weak tools, so I return to XEmacs.
However where to get the .xemacs-directory including
content? I assumed re-installing xemacs would do the job,
however it doesn't. So it seems that the OpenSuse installation
at some point plants the .xemacs-directory with content ---
how to get that?

Or is there some other place where I can find a *fitting*
.xemacs-directory?

Would be great if somebody could help.

Doesn't XEmacs create a default directory for itself if one doesn't exist?

After looking closer into the error message upon starting xemacs,
I realised that there is some .emacs file; okay, I deleted that, and
then XEmacs started, however then just not bothering at all about .xemacs.
Upon saving the settings, .xemacs/custom.el is created, but no .xemacs/init.el.

Of course I have *old* init.el files, but it seems they are all creating trouble
("gnu-emacs" and such stuff). Thus I just would like to have a clean up-to-date
iinit.el, which one would assume that the Suse distribution should contain it.

Thanks

Oliver