Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice.org forked....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:36:38 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I bet if MS Office was available for Linux, it would be popular. At
least in certain camps. But as MS Office is so integrated into
non-document parts of Windows, I doubt this will happen. Of course,
they have managed to lift out enough to get it to port to Mac OS/X.
But MS just can't compete on price. Still, I wonder if people who want
to use MS Office on Linux would pay the same price for it there as
they do on, say, Mac OS/X?

Personally I wouldn't mind provided I get the kind of support ooo
provides as well as the scripting abilities.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.6°C)