Re: [opensuse] wiki software
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:08:26 +0200
Dave Howorth wrote:

I use wikis as a kind of personal notebook to provide an index and
reference to all my other information. So they're quite important to
me.
I originally started with kwiki and then moved to mediawiki.

I have roughly the same, although more as a corporate documentation
place. A virtual binder.

I recently moved to opensuse 11.2 and discovered that mediawiki was no
longer provided. I'm reluctant to install and maintain from upstream
because of the extra hassle. This is just a very important tool to me
and I need reliable, low-maintenance tools.

Personally I dislike these packaged PHP applications, and I don't think
they benefit much from being RPMified. I install from upstream, but
it's not a frequent occurrence.

That leaves me with the problem of what to do now. I just used webpin
to see what the alternatives are and discovered that there are
apparently no wiki systems supported on opensuse! Just add-ons for
various systems.

Is this what you're looking for:

http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=mediawiki&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.2&p=1

--