Re: [opensuse] remote installation
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:09:44 +0200
On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 13:52 -0400, Mark Misulich wrote:
group {
filename "pxelinux.0";
next-server io64.local.net;

host dell1 { hardware ethernet 00:0f:1f:dd:fc:50;
fixed-address 192.168.2.81; }
}

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.0°C)

I think that the instructions are telling pxelinux.0 to boot then go to
the local net.

No, the next-server directive gives the host name of the server running
tftp. That is where the pxelinux.0 file is hosted

Per is living on the edge by using .local as a domain, which is really a
reserved name for zeroconf and shouldn't be used outside such an
environment. Use whatever the hostname of your tftp server is

How do I find the address of the local net?

Then I think that it is telling it to go to the host server, how do I
exactly find the mac and ip addresses for it on the local net?

The host directive is a static IP handed out by the dhcp server to the
machine with a network card with that ethernet address. It is not the
server but the machine being installed

Anders