Re: [opensuse] remote installation
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:07:49 -0400
On 2010/09/28 11:22 (GMT-0400) Mark Misulich composed:

I have been trying to install the os on two computers that won't boot
from the install dvd.

Will they boot anything whatsoever? If so, maybe you can install as I
_normally_ install, using only existing installed Grub and the openSUSE
installation linux and initrd. On a virgin system with nothing already
installed, I partition first; then using Knoppix mkfs.ext2 some primary
partition, install Grub and the openSUSE linux & initrd; then install
openSUSE via Grub using HTTP and fixed IP as spelled out in
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Remote_installation and
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc .

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/