Re: [opensuse] remote installation
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:41:08 +0200
Mark Misulich wrote:

Hi,
I have been trying to install the os on two computers that won't boot
from the install dvd. I have been trying to install using tftp and
pxe via lan, but its not working. I think the problem may be that I
don't have the dhcp-server set up correctly on this computer, as the
client computer isn't getting an ip address when it boots with dhcp.

You should be able to determine that from the /var/log/messages where
your dhcp server is running.

Is it possible to help me with setting up the server correctly? I
don't know how to do this, really, so you will have to expect some
replies that might seem kind of dumb until I learn what to do.

Sure, let us know how far you have gotten.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.1°C)