[opensuse] remote installation
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:22:26 -0400
Hi,
I have been trying to install the os on two computers that won't boot
from the install dvd. I have been trying to install using tftp and pxe
via lan, but its not working. I think the problem may be that I don't
have the dhcp-server set up correctly on this computer, as the client
computer isn't getting an ip address when it boots with dhcp.

Is it possible to help me with setting up the server correctly? I don't
know how to do this, really, so you will have to expect some replies
that might seem kind of dumb until I learn what to do.

Also, I have been trying to set it up to netboot, but I think it is
possible to boot from the iso image that I have on the server computer.
How would I do this?

Mark