[opensuse] printing from firefox - selecting paper source
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:39:41 +0200
Because I got my previous issue solved really fast, I thought I'd try
one that's been annoying me for a while:

I have a Kyocera laser printer, hooked up via cups. It has three input
sources - manual feeder, and two paper cassettes. Most applications
(e.g. knode, acrobat, openoffice) show these three as MPF, Cassette 1
and Cassette 2.
Firefox however, uses MPF, Cassette 1 and "Printer Default" - the
problem is that when I choose "Printer Default" (=Cassette 2, the
default), Firefox complains "Some of the settings in the dialogue
conflicts". How do I figure out what the problem is and why does only
Firefox have it?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.1°C)