Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice.org forked....
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:23:37 +0200
On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 12:32 +0200, C wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:24, Tejas Guruswamy wrote:
I wonder what this means for go-oo that Novell used to run? Will those
changes get merged?

According to the FAQ on the OfficeLibre site.....

Q: What does this announcement mean to other derivatives of OpenOffice.org?

A: We want The Document Foundation to be open to code contributions
from as many people as possible. We are delighted to announce that the
enhancements produced by the Go-OOo team will be merged into
LibreOffice, effective immediately. We hope that others will follow
suit.

So I guess this will be in the OBS soon, and perhaps could be used as a
replacement for openOffice? At least for those willing to see how well
it works compared to the OO code? Perhaps it should be a parallel
install with programs like loffice instead of ooffice, and so on,
allowing openOffice to remain until it is not needed?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB