Re: [opensuse] latest kernel update breaks ATI binary driver
  • From: Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:01:56 -0400
On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 11:26, Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2010-09-26 at 16:08 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
This link to a hack came up in the forums:

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1577815&page=2>

It recreates the missing function in the kernel headers.

(I'm not taking sides... I just don't have anything ATI >:-)  )

I already posted a fix for the driver in this thread. Note that creating
the function outside the GPL ifdef is in all likelyhood a copyright
violation, you're not allowed to change the license

I thought that was important to the *buntu crowd

Anders

How can editing the Kernel or it's headers be a violation of its copyright?