Re: [opensuse] quasselcore doesn't run
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 14:09:48 +0200
On Sunday 26 September 2010, Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:
Hello Mates,

i'm using quassel from KDE:Extra Repository. And now i have a little
Problem.
If i start rcquasselcore start he just say:
linux-f34p:/home/sascha # rcquasselcore start
Starting quassel core failed

Is it possible to debug this, to find out what happens?

Yes, if you run quasselcore directly it will print out error messages which
the init script throws away

Most likely you are missing /etc/sysconfig/quasselcore. That was my problem. I
got it from /var/adm/fillup-templates/sysconfig.quasselcore and copied it
manually, set the variable in it to my IP address, and then it worked

Anders