Re: [opensuse] WTF?! NO floppy in Lucid or in Meerkat!
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 19:04:18 +1000
On 24/09/2010 17:00, sc wrote:
On Friday 24 September 2010 01:33:05 Basil Chupin wrote:

On 24/09/2010 16:26, Basil Chupin wrote:
I've busted my balls over the past 2 days trying to figure
out why my floppy will not be recognised and display the
contents of a floppy disc.
My apologies to all.
I posted the above in the wrong mail list. Mea culpa.
However, check if this may still apply to you in your OS.
yes and no

dolphin has a place in "Places" for floppy drive, and when i
click it with a floppy in the drive the light comes on and it
tries to read it for a while, then gives this long error:

An error occurred while accessing 'PC Floppy Drive', the
system responded: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did
not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security
policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
network connection was broken.

i'm running opensuse 11.2, kde 4.3.5, so at least i'm on the
right list, but it sure looks like i can't look at my old
floppies either

i've got a lot of old floppies around (i am pathologically
unable to throw any old software or books away) and it'd be
fun to see what's on some of them...

sc
Yeah, right...so it seems from the above that you don't really know if you are able to read/write floppies.

How about really trying to see if you CAN read/write to your floppies and let us know the results? Thanks.

BC

--
I didn't know it was impossible when I did it.