Re: [opensuse] Now That Novell is seling the Linux Division...
  • From: "Brian K. White" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:17:00 -0400
On 9/23/2010 2:21 AM, Will Stephenson wrote:
On Thursday 23 September 2010 01:11:41 Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:17:51 -0700, Tony Alfrey

<tonyalfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
osted topics and remarks that do not precisely
fit their preconceived notion of acceptability.

They do not fit the topic of the list. And what would be so bad about
moving this discussion to the offtopic list? But I'm giving up. Maybe
it's really time for me to unsubscribe and go where I get what I
wanted in the first place: technical discussions. EOD for me.

Nicely done guys.</sarcasm>

While you are congratulating yourselves on running the "list police" out of
town, remember that Philipp is one of my few low level SUSE colleagues who
cared enough to spend time in here solving user problems down the bottom of
the stack. Are you going to step up and answer those now, between enjoying
your hard-won freedom to discuss the sky falling?

I have low level knowledge and insights about the "hard" stuff in other areas. How come I can happily answer questions I have in depth knowledge of in this and other technical groups without careing what other people talk about?

How come most of the people with most arcane inside and low level knowledge I look up to from other lists routinely do the same with no fuss?

I never see them trying to tell anyone else what to talk about. They simply don't participate in threads that don't interest them and don't respond to questions that don't rate their attention. Simple! No one needs a primadonna that bad. No product or service or person is that irreplaceable. So no, if it's _really_ like that, then big whup. See ya.

If someone had been say, personally attacking or otherwise disrespecting someone who was giving of themselves, that would be one thing. But that is not what's happening here. The guru is twisting his own shorts in a bunch and that's not my or anyone elses responsibility.

--
bkw