[opensuse] Re: Upgrading KDE4.1
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:34:12 +0000
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I have both KDE 3 and KDE 4 kde desktop environments installed on my
computer.  How may I update only the kde 4 desktop to the kde 4.5
factory release without also updating the kde 3.5 desktop to kde 4.5?

I am using Opensuse 11.1 operating system.

Thanks

Hi,
thanks for the answers to this question that I received.
Unfortunately it didn't work very well, my operating system is hosed
from the attempt to upgrade the kde 4.x with zypper and I will have to
reinstall the operating system to fix it.

I want to try to install the 4.5 operating system instead of the
default 4.1 that comes with suse 11.1 on the next go. Hopefully that
will prevent the problems that I experienced this time. Is there a
means to do this with openSuse on the 11.1 system?

No hard feelings, and thanks for answering. It just didn't work out.