Re: [opensuse] question regarding virtual desktops (KDE)
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:25:03 -0400
Oliver Kullmann said the following on 09/21/2010 07:50 PM:
It's for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450.

As I suggested, jut delete (or rename) /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and reboot. The basic radeon driver will give you all those useful
ways to presenting windows and screens that have been discussed.

I did that, but apparently nothing changed: "desktop effects" are
still not possible (when trying to apply them, there is a warning
saying that there is an X-problem, and that the settings will be reverted;
the generic radeon-driver is installed).

Perhaps you'd care to share with us the relevant contents of the
logfiles so that we might have a better understanding of what actually
happened as reported by the application.

The raedon driver does work for many of us, myself included, so this has
to be one of those "devil in the details" of your configuration, and
unless they are sorted out the enhancements that Will Stephenson talks
of will not be available to you.

--
An expert is someone who knows some of the worst mistakes that can be
made in his subject and how to avoid them.