Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4.1
  • From: dwgallien <dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:33:12 -0400
Hi,
I have both KDE 3 and KDE 4 kde desktop environments installed on my
computer. How may I update only the kde 4 desktop to the kde 4.5
factory release without also updating the kde 3.5 desktop to kde 4.5?

They shouldn't conflict with each other.

I am using Opensuse 11.1 operating system.

11.1 is zypper base, if I recall correctly. So, do something like this:

$ zypper ar -f
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Distro:/Factory/openSUSE_11.1/
"KDE:Factory"
$ zypper dup --from KDE:Factory

Hope this helps

-Nick

Now that there is an "unofficial" KDE 4.5 spin, it is advised to switch from
Factory to this repo instead. Factory will continue moving into 4.6 now.