Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4.1
  • From: dwgallien <dwgallien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:31:25 -0400
Hi,
I have both KDE 3 and KDE 4 kde desktop environments installed on my
computer. How may I update only the kde 4 desktop to the kde 4.5
factory release without also updating the kde 3.5 desktop to kde 4.5?

I am using Opensuse 11.1 operating system.

Thanks

Add repo's here for 4.5 in 11.1:

http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories#Upstream_Release_.28KDE_SC_4.5.29

In YaST sw mgmt click on repositories tab, select the repo just added, click on
"switch system packages . . . ".

In openSUSE, KDE 3 and KDE 4 code is kept separate. I still have KDE 3 and,
while I have done *many* KDE 4 upgrades, never had a problem affecting KDE 3.