Re: [opensuse] question regarding virtual desktops (KDE)
  • From: Nick LeRoy <leroy.nick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 13:58:32 -0500
On 9/21/2010 8:34 AM, Oliver Kullmann wrote:
I guess at home I have 10 windows open per virtual desktop (using the
maximal number 20 of them). I can't imagine that such possibilities
of dragging windows around in the pager will ever be useful for me (sure,
who knows), while it might cause windows suddenly to "disappear".

I can't imagine how such a workspace could possibly be useful.

How can you remember what is on 20 different desktops each of which
might have 10 applications, for 200 total applications running at the
same time?

You must spend more time launching FINDING stuff than it would take
to relaunch it.

Oh, hey, I'm not very different. I run with 12 virtual desktops, each of
which has it's own set of applications running in it. One for casual web
browsing, one for reading email, one for general software development, ....
When I want to check my email, I switch to the appropriate desktop. OTOH, I
also tend to like machines with a lot of RAM to feed my lunacy.

-Nick

--
<<< The answer is out there, Neo. >>>
/`-_ Nick LeRoy