Re: [opensuse] question regarding virtual desktops (KDE)
  • From: Oliver Kullmann <O.Kullmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:21:32 +0100
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:45:04PM +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
On Saturday 18 September 2010, Oliver Kullmann wrote:
Hello,

I searched "everything", but can't find how to have on
one virtual desktops only the applications started there
in the panel?

I have 20 (i.e., maximum) virtual desktops, each with on
the average 10 applications --- having them all the panel
is pointless.

Hope somebody knows how to do that.

Right-click somewhere among the applications in the panel and select "task
manager settings", and in there select "only show tasks from current desktop"

thanks! Meanwhile I found that myself. However although I'm trying now
for a week (and before that on several other occasions) to befriend with KDE
4.x,
the performance in the core aspects is still worse than what I have with Suse
9.2 (!)
on my old laptop. Perhaps somebody knows something about the following problems:

1. From "time to time" it happens that after a restart all Dolphin-windows
are inserted into the taskbar of the last window.

2. How to find out efficiently on which virtual desktop you are on?
It seems that the virtual-desktop-button should show some blackness,
but either if the virtual desktop is empty or has a bit more windows
on it, that this becomes invisible. A solution could be to disable the
useless attempt of showing windows in the buttons, but I couldn't find yet
how to achieve that.

(The KDE with Suse 9.2 just shows a clearly marked virtual-desktop-button.)

Thanks for your attention!

Oliver