Re: [opensuse] HCLs [Was:openSuSE to be sold to Vmware?]
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:13:41 +0200
On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 02:17, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 17/09/10 10:28, C escribió:

There have been attempts at standardizing, but.. everyone just ignored
it and went on their merry way.

Do you mean the LSB ?

[snip]

I hope you understand now why it is ignored, it is "Design by committee".

Oh, I understand why it failed and everyone just went their own way.
I'm just frustrated by the knock on effect of there being no real
standardization.

Anyway, this has gone WAY beyond the original thread, and nothing is
to be gained by me grumping about a lack of consistency :-) so...
should we start a pool and take bets on who the real buyer is?
Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols claims to be in the know on this...
http://blogs.computerworld.com/16978/vmware_is_buying_novell

C.