Re: [opensuse] Hey! spamassassin says I'm a spammer!
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:16:46 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2010-09-17 19:02, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

I'm pretty certain an update was pushed out for this.

I reported this months ago, now that I remember. This computer had
11.0, I patched those rules myself, but I upgraded to 11.2 and those
patches must have been nullified. I have to check again to see if
there is an optional upgrade to SA.

Just check the rules-upgrade. (sa-update).

Huh?
I have never used that, I rely on official suse updates solely.

It's a reasonable sensible way to separate the code and the data for SA.
The data = the rules - by running sa-update, you get rule updates when
and as available.

Doesn't matter - if you have not instructed your local SA
installation to treat googlemail as a trusted source, SA will look at
your address too.

How / where can I tell spamassassin to treat Elessar.valinor or
whatever host I use as a reliable source, even if it is a dynamic IP?

I think it's a config option called "trusted_hosts"
or "trusted_networks".

But that's not the only problem, obviously: it would only solve my
local problem. People getting email from me, via gmail, may get my
email filtered as spam. The rule is triggering mistakenly.

Yeah, I think so too - the 4 points just because it's coming from
a "dynamicIP" host is a little too much. Try sending me an email
directly - per@xxxxxxxxx - I have spamassassin running. I'd like to
see what your mails like look here.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.3°C)