Re: [opensuse] Hey! spamassassin says I'm a spammer!
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 20:20:40 +0200

[re-sent]

On 2010-09-17 18:13, Dave Howorth wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

Obviously, I am on a dynamic IP, so what? I'm not sending directly. I
am indeed using postfix, but I am sending as an authenticated user of
gmail, same as if sending from Thunderbird or any other client.

I think that's the point, isn't it? Thunderbird or other client doesn't
include a step in the message. The first host receiving the message has
a static IP and is potentially a well-known ISP's SMTP server. The first
host receiving your message is an unknown host with dynamic IP. Which
could well be a common case for spammers.

The rule is confusing this.

Depends what fraction of spam matches that criterion.

Unfortunately, SA does not record which "received" line triggers which rule.

Can you cause postfix not to record its presence?

But I want it to record its presence (and I wouldn't know how to change that).
It helps me track
issues, when they happen.

I would rather have a setting to spamassassin that my postfix is one of the
"good guys".

I'm going to send this email via another ISP, and see what happens with SA
later. The problem is
that this one fails about 20-30% of times.

And it failed. Sending again...

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))