Re: [opensuse] HCLs [Was:openSuSE to be sold to Vmware?]
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 17:59:47 +0400
On Friday 17 September 2010 17:51:00 C wrote:

Will the redhat vs suse vs ubuntu vs mandriva see a shake-out?
Possibly.  But I don't see a shake-out between AIX and HP/U (though
DG/UX isn't around but that's a different story).

A shake-out that resulted in a single package manager format and file
location/library/naming standards that EVERYONE adhered to would be
nice. I hate the mess we have now with multiple package managers, and
each distro putting core files in its own seemingly random locations,
and giving core library files different names (even though they are
the same).

There is no such great difference between RPM distros. Only Debian is standing
apart.