Re: [opensuse] openSuSE to be sold to Vmware?
  • From: Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:59:40 -0400
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 14:32, Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My point was that it's wrong to go around shouting that SuSE is bad, just
because one's own experience was bad on one machine. But just saying that
SuSE is great because it works for ME does not make it great for others...
some may really have problems with it.

I was also frustrated by reading that unixheads was shutting down, which has
the effect of leaving only two openSuSE mirrors in the US.  Both of those
mirrors have reputations for poor bandwidth, leading to a discussion of "why
doesn't Novell just spend a few hundred $ per month to guarantee a good
mirror for the US"?  The fit-and-finish of Ubunto is just noticeably better
than openSuSE at this point in time.  Is this a reflection of Canonical
spending more money on their flagship than Novell is spending on their's?

They do on widehat.opensuse.org, but not by default you need to go in
and edit your repos.