Re: [opensuse] iphone filesystem support in 11.3?
  • From: Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:54:36 -0400
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 15:51, Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 13, John Andersen wrote:
Yes you can see your photos.
It mounts like any other usb device, which in current versions of opensuse
means it shows up in /media/

Read only!

If you had an iphone you would probably already know this so I assumed you
are
still shopping.
Get android instead.  Better phone, more open.  No antenna problems.

Well... its a version 3 iphone.

Visit Jailbreakme.com in your iPhone, "Slide to Jailbreak" and after
it reboots you should see a new icon on your springboard "Cydia" open
that up and install openSSH then on your PC open My Computer ->
Network Folders -> Add Network folder and enter the info for your
iPhone for an SCP connection. Default root password is alpine. Now you
have full access to your iPhone filesystem, I am not aware of another
way to do it.