Re: [opensuse] openSuSE to be sold to Vmware?
  • From: Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:38:16 -0400
2010/9/16 John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>:
Still. I'd rather have someone like IBM buy it than Vmware.
IBM has a vested interest in SUSE.  They kicked in a large chunk of change
when Novell bought SUSE in the first place to assure access for some of their
smaller hardware.

That would have been really nice back then..... IBM was really into
SuSE Linux, now that Novell owns it, I see almost no interest... Also
RHEL is pushed on they highend hardware, where SLES had exclusivity
years ago...

Regards,

--
Ciro Iriarte