Re: [opensuse] This guy _really_ likes kde 4.5
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:08:14 -0500
On 09/16/2010 10:25 AM, phanisvara das wrote:
On Thursday, September 16, 2010 20:08:31 Bob Williams wrote:

This symptom appeared for me as soon as I replaced the open-source
nVidia driver with the proprietary one and was unaffected by the KDE
4.5.1 upgrade.

Your description seems to fit. I also run gkrellm, and notice the spikes.

i noticed very similar symptoms which went away when i upgraded my kernel to the
one from Kernel:/HEAD (2.6.36).

--
phani.

Your lucky phani. All kernels from head through 2.6.35 worked great, the 2.6.36rc kernels have given my laptop fits. I haven't tried rc4 yet (no time to debug right now). I'll give it a try tomorrow after work and see if I can sort out the boot issues I saw in rc1-rc2.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC