Re: [opensuse] openSuSE to be sold to Vmware?
  • From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:56:09 +0200
On Thursday 16 September 2010, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Funny; rarely see this kind of reply to a *negative* comment. But post
a positive comment and the list will find some way to disregard it.

Every time someone says opensuse-is-awful I'm going to continue to
counter that opensuse-is-great.

There was NO disregard in my comment, and I don't backup the negative comment
by Lew Wolfgang. What's more as he does not say what didn't work he's
obviously not asking for help but just getting rid of his anger.

openSuSE *is* great, but it *may* make the blood of someone boil because the
great system does not work well on every computer. I run SuSE on my laptops
because it IS great and it DOES work - better than others on these machines.
I run another distribution on my workstation, because that distribution does
work *better* than SuSE on that particular machine. That's all.

My point was that it's wrong to go around shouting that SuSE is bad, just
because one's own experience was bad on one machine. But just saying that
SuSE is great because it works for ME does not make it great for others...
some may really have problems with it.

So anyway the good in your counterstrike is to stress that openSuSE does work
(for most users I suppose).

Thierry