Re: [opensuse] openSuSE to be sold to Vmware?
  • From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:12:23 +0200
On Thursday 16 September 2010, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I tried 64-bit 11.3 on a Sony VAIO VGN-FW200 and had numerous
issues.

Installed 11.3 64-bit on my HP DV-3085DX and it has been working
*perfectly*. Not a single crash, for months. Even hiberation / resume
works *perfectly*.

openSUSE 11.3 is a *WONDERFUL* product. A solid and productive desktop
experience.

This is very disappointing. I've been using SuSE since 5.2 and I've
recommended it to many people because of the ease and reliability of
installation. Now it's obvious that things have slipped.

Working great here!

Nothing new. Some distro work better on some laptops.

SuSE has always worked better on Thinkpads, Mandrake did better on Toshibas
(at the time).

That's why I would never say that Distro X or Y is "a wonderful" or "an awful"
product without adding "for me" :)

Thierry