Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:57:09 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Anton Aylward wrote:
Yes, but that tower under my desk could have a switcher PSU a
fraction the size/weight it does. I know, I've built them!

Engineering a power supply, like anything else, is a matter of
balancing requirements. Sure you could build it smaller (up to a
point), but it may cost more.

There is also the two issues of airflow and noise. In particular in
consumer grade equipment with ATX standards and such. The
powersupplies in more professional style equipment, e.g. Proliant
servers, are indeed smaller, but they're also a lot noisier.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.4°C)