Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:57:03 +0200
On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 01:37 +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 23:42:46 Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
ADSL over telephone line is not better in any way than other exotic
solutions on the market like ADSL over mains power outlets.

No, it's only a matter of providing the access and the bandwidth in
the most economical fashion.

Exactly. It appears that in Russia it is not economical, but in
Western Europe it is.

Which is why I keep saying I'm not getting the whole picture. I still
haven't figured out why it doesn't pay to re-use the existing
infrastructure. There are really two possible answers - 1) it doesn't
exist or 2) it's not good enough. Or maybe there is no market if the
majority is ethernet connected to Internet3.

This is a chart showing market shares in 2006:

http://www.3dnews.ru/_imgdata/img/2006/11/30/34333.png

Impressive charts, however i presume that two-third share of ethernet is
only achieved in densely populated cities.

How about the more rural area's?
Still 1200 bps modems?