Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:43:41 +0400
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 23:42:46 Per Jessen wrote:

ADSL over telephone line is not better in any way than other exotic
solutions on the market like ADSL over mains power outlets.

No, it's only a matter of providing the access and the bandwidth in
the most economical fashion.

Exactly. It appears that in Russia it is not economical, but in
Western Europe it is.

Which is why I keep saying I'm not getting the whole picture. I still
haven't figured out why it doesn't pay to re-use the existing
infrastructure. There are really two possible answers - 1) it doesn't
exist or 2) it's not good enough. Or maybe there is no market if the
majority is ethernet connected to Internet3.

Another chart from 2006, comparing shares of home networks,
ADSL and dialup:

http://www.mediaplan.ru/img/news/news75.jpg