Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:37:27 -0400
James Knott said the following on 09/14/2010 04:34 PM:
Anton Aylward wrote:
I still wonder why we don't see more high-frequency switchers.

We do. Computers now use switching supplies, as do a lot of "wall
warts" and also many electronic devices. It's the old analog regulators
that are now, fortunately, getting scarce. Your PC would be a lot
heavier if it didn't have a switching supply.

Yes, but that tower under my desk could have a switcher PSU a fraction
the size/weight it does. I know, I've built them!

So, the question is "why?"
Is there some weir economics or is it 'history' ?

--
Bullet proof vest vendors do not need to demonstrate that naked people
are vulnerable to gunfire. Similarly, a security consultant does not