Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:04:24 -0400
Anton Aylward wrote:
I don't know about heavy, though. Back in the mid 70s I needed a 50W
PSU for a piece of avionics I was working on.
Equipment for use on aircraft was severely weight constrained, compared to elsewhere. Switching supplies weren't common until the '80s or so. Prior to that, a power supply would need a heavy iron transformers, heat sinks for analog regulators, large filter capacitors etc. IIRC, aircraft equipment commonly used 400 Hz AC, which meant power supplies could be built with smaller transformers, capacitors etc.