Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:29:49 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

I don't know about heavy, though. Back in the mid 70s I needed a 50W
PSU for a piece of avionics I was working on. I pulled the catalogues
and built a custom switched mode PSU that fitted in one of those
kitchen-size matchboxes[1]. The toroidal transformer - OTS - was
about as big as my thumb. The 'trick' was running it at high
frequency.

Switch-mode - some 25 years ago I had a PDP11-04 in my workshop - no
switch-mode in that thing. Lots of heavy copper windings on the
enormous transformers.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (14.8°C)