Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:16:23 +0200
On 2010-09-14 03:30, James Knott wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
I don't know if analog exchanges can support xDSL. I think not.

Yes they can. There are ADSL shelves that are separate from the
exchange and the phone line passes through them on the way to the
customer. I have installed some of those. I have also installed the
ones that include digital phone lines on the same cards.

I don't mean ISDN, I mean POTS with digital exchange, vs analog exchanges:
rotatrix, pentaconta...
(I don't know the English names). Here there are a lot of 1240s. I think in
Russia they even have
multiplexed frequency transmission (hey, even Canada had it in the early
nineties...). They can have
xDSL? Wow. :-O

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))