Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 11:45:18 +0200
On 2010-09-14 08:10, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2010-09-13 10:52, Ilya Chernykh wrote:

Overall I had telephone spam advertising calls from at least 6 or 7
broadband providers who all claimed they connected my house. Some of
them called 5-6 times or more even if I said I am not interested.

Me too!

I wish I could hook some programmable machine to the phone line to
start rejecting calls.

asterisk? might be overkill :-)

Indeed :-)

If I could get hold of a cheap embedded machine with serial port and a
fax-modem voice capable, I
could get it done. Hylafax log displays the CLI number, I could use that or
just watch the modem
with minicom and some code. If the number is on a list, activate answer machine
(on computer) to
replay a message that the call is not accepted, and hang.

It is a project for hobby time :-)

Even if I do not know all their numbers, I can restrict calls on some hours
(siesta time) to only
friends and family.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))