Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:01:24 +0200
On 2010-09-13 11:02, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
On Monday 13 September 2010 10:57:40 Per Jessen wrote:

ADSL is better suited to the typical user profile which has more
downstream than upstream traffic.
Most residential places are not wired for ethernet, but have a
telephone, so ADSL would not require any extra investment.

At least they have to install a modem, telephone filters or
a separate telephone line (?). I asked about ADSL in the early 2000s
and they said only connection cost would be comparable with that of
getting a new separate telephone number (about $300-$500).

On 2000 I only had V90 modem. There were contracts giving you a "flat" Internet
connection, which we
called "undulated rate" because it was not 24 hours. ADSL was more expensive if
you used Internet
little.

When I got my ADSL I had to pay a first payment of... I don't know, perhaps 60
or 90 euros, I don't
remember. Monthly rates I think they start around 19€, plus phone, usually
combined with flat call
rates - I can call anywhere in Spain for free. The total cost is higher,
depending on the company.

I can't give you exact prices at the moment as I'm off the network just now :-}

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))