Re: [opensuse] Moving to IPv6
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:29:43 -0400
Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2010-09-13 10:52, Ilya Chernykh wrote:

Overall I had telephone spam advertising calls from at least 6 or 7
broadband providers who all claimed they connected my house. Some of
them called 5-6 times or more even if I said I am not interested.
Me too!

I wish I could hook some programmable machine to the phone line to
start rejecting calls.
asterisk? might be overkill :-)

You can play SIT tones on the line to make the equipment most of those spammers use think your number is disconnected. Here's a link to some that are used in North America. I have no idea how well they'd work elsewhere.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIT_tone.
After playing a tone, you can click on "More" to download.